Dear Parents and Students,
I am so happy to welcome you to my class and a new year at BSS. I am looking forward to the exciting things that we are going to be learning this year. I hope that you are ready and rested after this wonderful summer. The first day of school is Monday, August 27th.
I want to make sure everyone is ready to begin the year with the right equipment. Organization is a huge key to our success. Agendas (planners) will be distributed to each student the first week. The students will be keeping nightly homework assignments written in there, along with any long-term assignments.
Everyone will need to make sure that they get me their email address for the distribution list. Please also bookmark the following website for increased access to my communication http://www.edline.net/pages/RCBrandywineSprings/Classes/1397. Click the link to my blog site, on the edublogs site you can subscribe to be emailed whenever I update the homework or weekly update.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me, as my voicemail will not be available until school begins. Email is also the best method of reaching me during the school year.
I am looking forward to a wonderful year.
- 4 Composition Notebooks (writer’s notebook, reading, math and science/social studies)
- 5 folders separate OR spiral bound together
- Pencils – several boxes
- Blue or black ink pens
- Wide ruled loose leaf paper – 3 to 4 packs
- Pencil Box – hard rectangular ones are best
- 3 boxes of tissues
- 3 boxes of baby wipes (refills are good)
- Roll of paper towels
- Box of crayons – no larger than 24
- Colored pencils – no larger than 24
- Glue sticks